Young Adults, Internship Pastor / Director
Job Description: OVERVIEW: Daybreak Church exists to see countless people from all over San Diego County and around the world, being saved and made whole by Jesus. Families that once were broken and lost will find healing through a church that offers them a fresh start and lasting hope. In order fulfill the mission to reach people throughout our region and around the world, we are in the process of developing an internship program and partnering with South Eastern University to help the next generation of Christian leaders develop their gifts in a dynamic church environment, while working towards a biblically based college degree.
DESCRIPTION: This is a full time position that will be responsible for the development, leadership and execution of the internship program for Daybreak Church. The right candidate will be willing to pioneer this program from the ground up and build it to be a successful program that develops an army of future ministry leaders. The Internship Director will work with the Daybreak staff, students, families and the community to help students pursue the potential God has placed inside them while helping to catalyze and realize the dream of planting thriving and vibrant churches all across the region.
MINISTRY EXPERIENCE: We are looking for a passionate Christ follower who is capable and qualified to develop and lead this program at Daybreak. A successful candidate will have a proven record of catalyzing the development and discipleship of the next generation of church leaders. Special consideration will be given to a candidate who has previous experience running an internship program or building a ministry and leading students. The position will require excellent management abilities, interpersonal skills and the ability to promote the program across a wide array of audiences and platforms.
LEADERSHIP EXPERIENCE: The Internship Director will be responsible for the leadership of all aspects of the program, and should be well versed in both training and developing new leaders, as well as helping train and support the staff who will lead the interns in ministry areas. The ideal candidate will have strong delegation, planning and execution skills. Special consideration will be given to candidates who have prior experience in managing large groups of people at one time.
TO BE CONSIDERED: Please send the following to our Executive Pastor, Jason Gianotti at email@example.com.
- Cover letter - Express why you would be a catalytic leader in developing the next generation of Christian leaders
- Social Media - Description of how to find you on social media
- Link to a Video - No longer than 90 seconds, in which you share why you are passionate about the development and discipleship of the next generation of Christian leaders
OVERVIEW Daybreak Church exists to see countless people from all over San Diego County and around the world, being saved and made whole by Jesus. Families that once were broken and lost will find healing through a church that offers them a fresh start and lasting hope.
The Production Director is a member of the Creative team. This person is responsible for all of the technical details in the audio, video, and lighting for the weekend experience. Manages all AVL equipment, including the purchase, maintenance, organization, and operation of all AVL equipment on campus.This role provides leadership and management to paid staff and helps train and develop volunteers.
This person must have strong interpersonal skills and should represent Christ and His church well in the community at large. They should follow the biblical model of sacrifice by being willing to put the needs of others in front of their own. In all of their actions they should be positive and supporting of the Core Values and the Vision of Daybreak Church. Responsibilities
- Oversees the production team and provides overall direction, training, and support in the areas of audio, video, lighting, and broadcasting for all services that require tech.
- Leads the overall process to recruit, onboard, develop, schedule, and maintain a healthy volunteer base and culture.
- Under the direction of the Creative Director, helps decide and implement equipment standards and processes to maintain a high level of excellence in production. Manages the projects and day-to-day work schedules of the production staff.
- Provides input for stage design and directs the construction and installation.
- Continually develops and implements new production elements and initiatives.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed. QUALIFICATIONS Personal: Actively following Jesus, being changed by Jesus, and committed to the mission of Jesus.
- Working level knowledge and skills of production equipment and operation including:
- Digital audio consoles and IEM systems.
- Live production lighting and usage, including theatrical and intelligent lighting for video as well as DMX programming.
- Live, in-room broadcast cameras as well as studio video equipment.
- Collaborative leader capable of establishing and maintaining strong relationships with staff and volunteers, church members, and outside professionals.
- Strategic and organized in the planning and implementation of projects and teams.
- Flexible and adaptable, ability to trouble shoot and think outside the box. Effective communicator, written and verbal.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Typical schedule includes weekday hours as well as Sunday service responsibilities.
- Schedule includes working evenings, weekend, and extended hours as holidays and other events require.
- Able to lift 50+ pounds as needed to set up and take down production equipment such as cameras, lights, staging, etc.
To be considered email your resume to the Creative & Technical Director, Ryer Flaker firstname.lastname@example.org.